Hi friends! It’s been crazy in the Will Run for Food household! I’ve been on the go so much lately that my meals have been thrown together and I haven’t had the time to sit down at the computer!
Some random fun facts from the last few days…
- I went out on my first longer run on Sunday with my dad! We ran 4.5 miles and it was amazing. The weather was perfect.
- P90X Cardio kicked my but this morning…my legs were shaking afterwards!
- If you were wondering, cupcakes are not listed in the nutrition plan…I still ate one…or two. 🙂
- No, I didn’t know that conventional ground beef is ‘rinsed’ with ammonia while being processed for packaging. I watched Food, Inc. last night…finally! Wow. More on that later.
- Making lists is a great stress reliever! 😀
Some random eats!
Eggs and toast…a usual!
A delicious juice made with carrots, celery, an apple, an orange, and some strawberries.
An egg white omelet with ham and feta, with an orange.
The omelet was made using these egg whites…I’ve never tried them before since they kind of scare me but they tasted fine and there are no weird ingredients…just organic egg whites!
Baked lemon chicken and steamed broccoli (chicken recipe courtesy of Recipeaholic…thanks, Mindy! It was yummy! :))
Individual apple crisps made with half of an apple (cored) sprinkled with cinnamon and brown sugar, topped with granola, and drizzled with honey. Baked at 350 for 25 minutes. Once cooled we topped them with a little whipped cream.
I have been trying to stick to the P90X nutrition plan as best as I can…I’ve found that keeping a tally of what I have eaten for the day really helps (this list is from last week)! I am still struggling with reducing my carb intake and upping my protein but it’s coming along!
Hope your week is off to a great start!
Have you ever tried store-bought egg whites?